Who here is an entrepreneur? It can be a very scary and lonely road. Luckily for me I have an amazing support system that helps me get through the day to day tasks. I love my business, and I love my clients! I think about how to improve or how to provide more exceptional care to all of my people DAILY!
I am constantly reading or listening to better business or self improvement books. Maybe one day the information will transform my business into something greater than I had ever imagined 🙂
Like I said, being in a business that is created from your own hopes and dreams can be scary. I found this article that shares “The 6 Scary Truths About Becoming an Entrepreneur.”
My amazing husband has held down the fort for so long so I could do what I love, and there is nothing greater in the world of business ownership than feeling love and support while you are out #hustlin’ for a dollar. Well except maybe when you are able to show them that allllllll that love and support paid off because you made it. You made it happen…
How often do you think about supporting a small business? It doesn’t always have to be about spending money. No way!! Referrals, promotion, advertising are all great ways someone can help a small business owner earn a dollar in the long run!
(Stay tuned for Part II when I dive in a little deeper to help support small businesses!)
Things I have learned throughout this journey:
- I am not the boss. I have made my brand and built my business… but I am far from being the boss. I may be the professional in the room- but ultimately that tiny human I am photographing is running the show!
- Not everyone is going to like me. I am only partially ok with that! I want to be liked, as most people do. I know my style and my character won’t mesh with everyone- so I can’t be everyone’s photographer… but I will keep trying :).
- I can say No. Just as I mentioned in #2 I may not be everyone’s photographer, not everyone can be my client. Sometimes schedules don’t mesh either… I have a family that my work must be scheduled around, so sometimes I may have to refer someone elsewhere as time or budget won’t allow us to work together.
- The work never stops. Never. Ever. I don’t mind that so much- except when a client is IMing me at 230 am and when I don’t respond by 3 am they are sending me a “hello?” message… that I do mind haha! But what I mean is my brain doesn’t shut off… how I can improve or how I should try this! I want each session to be unique and tailored to you… so I work very hard at creating that experience!
- Kids will be Kids- so let them be! So many times a 2 year old is not wanting to give a smile during a shoot and the parents get grumpy… over the years I have learned to take little “Timmy” aside and capture some great images. Not every child will give my those real smiles during the session. It is more about capturing the in between moments and the real moments.
- Feedback is critical. My growth in both photography skills and business ownership has evolved thanks to the feedback and reviews I have received over time. Your word is gold to me <3
Do you have any friends or family in this hard business ownership lifestyle? Reach out and pat them on the back for job well done and send them a referral or two if you got one!
Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook and Pintrest <3